Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Saint Teresa of Avila has chosen me and my blog for 2007 - I chose to put up this particular image for a number of reasons: first, it's in iconographic style; second, the tambourine reminds me that she once taught her nuns to dance in the cloister on feast days; and third, I just liked it better than a lot of the sappy images out there.

the dancing-in-the-cloister I can really identify with - a while back I remember thinking if David did it, why can't I? It's a personal prayer style (and I am absolutely NOT advocating litugical dancing here, NO HOW NO WAY!!) and once I remember to do it I will post the talk I gave at the CFP 2007 retreat on "Bodily Prayer".

And if I wasn't such a silly Franciscan I'd be a discalced Carmelite, just like Teresa.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

It's a beautiful image!